Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Word Study

So how do we worship Him in spirit and in truth - present tense. How do we teach children to worship Him in spirit and in truth - present tense. I think, in it's simplest form, to worship in spirit and truth has to mean something to God and something to the worshipper, present tense. God didn't always accept the offerings that people brought Him.

I started a word study to see where the words for "truth" and "spirit," as used in John 4, are used in other places. Maybe it will help me understand. Maybe the answer will better define "worship." Maybe it won't. My word studies have changed over the years. I'm trying to learn to look for the obvious before I go "deep" - the obvious being observations that no one can dispute.

One of the things kids have that adults seem to lose when we go for the "deeper" things, is the ability to see the obvious. Good old concrete thinking! I'm glad we all get to be kids before we have to be grown-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment