Monday, August 06, 2007

CM Children Are a Blessing!

Chapter 2 is a wonderful chapter about children in the scriptures. Much better than my blogging WWTK.

What if we never explored the idea of children and faith beyond "children are a blessing"?

What's my attitude towards a blessing from God? Granted, sometimes I don't know for sure that a blessing is a blessing. But God tells me flat out "children are a blessing".

A child, finances, friends, land, talents ...
How does God bless me? What do I do with a blessing?
Is it for me - something* to protect and keep safe?
Is it something to give away and use for the benefit of others?
How do I steward a blessing?

How do we steward God's blessings when those blessings are little people - and someday, God will want them back with interest? He doesn't want to lose them.

There are lots of issues in our western/American culture and our church cultures that ultimately come back around to whether or not we really believe that "children are a blessing." If we truly believed that children are a blessing, we would ... [what would I do different?]


*Children aren't "things". I'm not saying that. A blessing might be anything. "Children are a blessing." What does it mean to us? What does it mean to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment