Saturday, November 03, 2007

Weddings and Bridges

I understand why they're not invited but I love seeing children at weddings.

Yesterday, my daughter's friends got married. They had big attendants and 5 little (very little) attendants. One was 1 1/2 years, three were just 3 years, and one was about 3 1/2. The adults had their hands full during the rehearsal, or so I'm told, but the kids were very good for the wedding. I was told that the 3 1/2 year old thought he was going to be a ring bear (as opposed to a ring bearer). He had his heart set on wearing a bear costume not a tux. They gave him a little stuffed bear to tie to the ring pillow instead. That explains what was dangling from the upside down pillow. It didn't look like a ring.

The wedding was at a Missionary Alliance church. Lots of international flags and maps and things from other countries. But the display that caught my eye had a picture of a bridge with toy trucks and dirt in it. I looked because I thought it was a Sunday school project. But it wasn't. It was a small group project about connecting and building bridges between small groups and local community organizations. Don't you think a 3-D bridge project diorama would make a cool project for elementary kids in Sunday School? Wasn't Jesus into building bridges?

No comments:

Post a Comment