Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More about wisdom in 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (HCSC). You can think deep about it or take it in it's simplist straight-forward form. Or make it a word study if you want. Remember to look at the stories.

I've said this before but I don't think wisdom is part of the curriculum anyplace. Who's the wisest person you know? How do you grow the kind of wisdom you see and hear in that person? Jesus' disciples only walked with Him for three years and he was the embodiment of the wisdom of God. I find it interesting that Jesus never said that about himself. (or at least I didn't find it) Paul did. And Paul wasn't in that group of disciples who walked with Him in the flesh.

Reminded me of the "Christ" part of St. Patrick's breastplate - a Christian Irish hymn.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely don't think that wisdom comes from education. Wisdom comes from something deeper, something placed inside a person by God. It also comes through experience and learned lessons. The wisest person I know is my mentor, someone who didn't even graduate high school until several years ago, when he got his GED, which proves my point.

    ReplyDelete