Friday, December 15, 2006

Crescent Moons

Backing up again, this is the random reason why I was thinking about holidays this morning. In our part of the hemisphere one of the things I look forward to this time of year is the crescent moon hanging in the sky. Funny, I only noticed it a couple of years ago. I don't know how far away you can be and still see the same phase of the moon, how many states, how many countries. I was admiring it again this morning at 6 am when I took the dogs out. It's always so much like a cradle hanging in the sky - a cradle to rock a baby. Sometimes you might be able to see a really bright star but I think the cradle's always there. Something for kids. Sometimes planetariums do programs at Christmastime about the Bethlehem star. This morning the cradle moon disappeared behind the clouds as I was going into the house, but it was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment