Sunday, January 06, 2008

Emerging Parents Pondering CM

The folks at Emerging Parents are tackling the topic of Children's Ministry.

Food for thought: Kara asks, ". . . what is it that I want my children to learn? . . . I realized that my list basically consisted of all the things that I'm trying to learn for myself, i.e. wisdom, character, integrity, awareness, stewardship, etc."

"Then I asked, how can we best teach them these things? I was suddenly struck by the realization that my children already possess many of the characteristics that I am trying to re-install in myself: curiosity, wonder, awareness, enthusiasm, love of life, compassion, sensitivity, gentleness, creativity, generosity, imagination, etc. Certainly these things take time to mature, but the seeds are already there and growing. . ."

Imagine teaching and learning that encourages those qualities...all of those qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment