Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm not a big fan of Halloween but one of our city schools is doing something pretty cool for Halloween to raise money for their drama dept. They've been chosen to perform in Edinburgh.

It's for young kids. The high school students are going to dress up like different storybook/fairy tale characters and the families will go from room to room trick or treating. They have a costume parade, face painting, pumpkin decorating and I guess they have a spooky house room, too. Admission is $5/child, no cost to accompanying adults. Includes candy & all activities.

So...What if? ...What if you think of a worthy cause that families would want to support and do Bible story people (or you could do any storybook characters you want) and as they did in Houston, a fear conquoring as opposed to a fear evoking haunted house (I linked to it somewhere, probably October, many years back). As I say, I'm not a big fan, but it did get me thinking. If it's a way to love on people and reach out to your neighbors, consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment