Tuesday, August 22, 2006

...technical difficulties...

?:-(

. . .ok you wonderful techie generation! You've graciously gotten me this far with technical stuff. :-)

(See how generations need each other? :-)

. . . how do you put a link in a comment?

. . and, the server didn't want to take us to Xenos . . . (sounds like a bad sci fi movie doesn't it?) but now it does...

. . . and how do you get that little symbol over the "n" like it's supposed to be in the word man~ana . . .

. . .hello? Gary, are you there?

...and why is this gray? hmm, it was gray. . .

. . .and my apologies if when I change the order of posts or change and delete comments they end up in your email anyway. ( blogline people get both copies? Scary.) I've been trying to put parts 1,2,3 in order by changing the dates but that isn't working.

If you're new, what usually happens at Emerging Kids when things get way too intense and we need to take a break - a puppy story - Ellie and her rabies shot, Nyah and the gaggle of bicyclists at the Garden Center . . . surely among the scary stories mother dogs tell their puppies but probably more fun than someone complaining about technical difficulties.

6 comments:

  1. I think you want to type link label which will come out looking like this: link label.

    I use bloglines, but I don't get your posts in my email...so don't worry about me.

    Here's the cheater way of adding diacritics (I know there's a way to type them but I got through German my slow way): you want an n with a tilde, so go to google and search for "n tilde." Most likely some site will have put one in, which you can copy and paste to wherever you need.

    E.g.: ñ

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, the handicap icon gives you an audio key (so you can listen instead of look). I guess Helen Keller can't use blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what the "link label" thing is, but the HTML tag for a link works. You can read more about it here.

    And you can click "preview" instead of "login and publish" if you want to make sure it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... you have to have sound on your computer to use the handicapped word verification? Ok..

    See? Isn't this more fun than puppy stories?? Seriously, thank you! You guys are wonderful! Very wonderful!

    And Xenos (not a sci fi movie) - some of you might find it interesting, if you haven't checked it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie,

    Through Blogger there's an even easier way.

    Just highlight with your mouse then move to the top of the blog window and see the hyperlink button (looks like a world and a chain). Click that and a new window appears with an http://. Just type in the website that you want (make sure to include the http://) and you should have it.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does, actually sound pretty easy. Whether it will be easy for me, we will see. :)

    ReplyDelete