Saturday, November 25, 2006

Beyond Hosagna

Of all the possible ways that God could have done what He did - a holy God becoming flesh and blood, it's pretty facinating that the Living Word of God came and became a baby.

Someone human had to raise Him. That alone, is profound.

If Jesus died at 33, almost half of Jesus' life on this earth was spent as a child. I never really thought about it that way. Must be God didn't think it was waste of time.

This child-person was God-With-Us just as much as Jesus the adult. He was still God. He was still man.

Among other things, He seemed to know who He was, what really mattered, and where He was going.

He took endless advantage of momentary opportunities without losing sight of the long term.

Being man, He died.

Being God, the Living Word - God Incarnate, dying wasn't the end of Him.

It was just another beginning. A beginning for the rest of us.

What was it...three years of ministry, thirty years previous, three days at Calvary . . . I wonder why the Son of God spent almost half his time on earth as a child.

I wonder why God tells us so little about that time.

I wonder how much of Christ-on-Earth, even as a child, was God and how much was man.

Maybe it doesn't matter.

He called Himself: "I Am who I Am" - a name left unspoken and unwritten for centuries, probably with good reason. And so named He was the same baby, the same child, the same man, the same God - "I am who I am" spending almost half His holy life on this earth as a man-child.

Just seemed like a side of God worth pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment