Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Giving Blood

Lots of random posts on this blog, lol!

My seventeen year old daughter gave blood for the first time about a month ago. There's a blood drive at her high school every year. After she gave blood, she was so excited. She amazes me. All my kids amaze me but she doesn't care if I tell stories about her. Her dad and her brother have given lots of blood, too, so it's in her genes. Just not in my genes. :)

The rest of us give once, pass out, and then avoid needles. The day I picked up one of my girls at school after a blood drive she was sitting on the floor very white. I told her one of my first dates with her dad was after a blood drive because he knew I was going to pass out and he waited for me. The folks at school thought that was very sweet.

So now we have all our blood types with one hold-out but those of us who avoid needles at our house are in the majority I'm afraid. It turns out we have everything postive except O. Finding out everyone's blood type is fun if no one's worried about surprises.

I was surprised and thrilled that my youngest was so excited about giving something like her blood. She got a note with her blood type card telling her that the blood she gave could save as many as three people. She was so pleased. She can give again as early as the day after Christmas and she can't wait. Go figure!

I always liked pre-school best for the wonder mixed with new thinking and communication skills but as my kids have grown and matured I'm continually awed the way every age has it's wonder-filled moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment