Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Board Book Worship Resource

I found this looking for something else. Funny how that happens.

: )

I've not held these books in my hands to look at them and Amazon doesn't have them rated but they look like an interesting resource. Julie Stiegemeyer has written a set of board books published by Concordia called
The Church Book set. This set of four books includes Colors I See in Church, Things I Do in Church, Things I Hear in Church, Things I See in Church.

She's written other books, too, but the set above and these (Things I See at Baptism, Things I See at Christmas, Things I See at Easter) lend themselves to sharing the traditional community worship experience with young children.

Craft activities, books, puzzles - having resources available to children during service, that tie in to what's actually happening at service, to draw their eyes and ears back to the action is always a plus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just bought these books! I'm happy with the simple introduction to church life for kiddos. I hope you enjoy using them in your ministry, too.

    ReplyDelete