Thursday, March 01, 2007

Not Funny: Another take on meds

All the info in the last post is definitely blog roll worthy. The only sad part was not having the format - making you have to work for it. But, then my site would be too tekky and it would lose something... lol

My husband somehow has the knack for knowing when to make me laugh and it (usually) eases the tension. If I, on the other hand, try to make someone laugh it just makes things worse.

They say "a joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (from Proverbs 17:22A) That's another take on meds. Somehow it's gotten changed to laughter is good medicine but I think it's still true, without mocking or being unkind or disrespectful...

You guys deserve a great deal of respect for what you do. When life gets so intense that you can't laugh anymore, find a place to hide and take Calvin and Hobbes or Get Fuzzy!* or Dave Barry, or B.C. or whatever makes you laugh and just laugh 'til you cry. It's good medicine.

I don't think about humor as being cultural or sub-cultural but it probably is. If you're in a crowd, you notice when someone laughs or doesn't laugh at the same things you do.


*My daughter really likes Get Fuzzy! I always want to call it Where's Fuzzy? She says, It's the only comic strip that tells you what to do. You may need to go north of the border to find it (unless you're already there). I think, it's Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment