Thursday, March 22, 2007

Where to Go From Here...

Ok, I'm ready to step out here. I'm thinking that maybe the best use of this blog would be to trek through scripture exploring the question, "Where Were the Kids?" I talked about it. Let's try it!

I don't have the scholarly background to include history, culture, and language nuances but God knows that I can bring Him lots of questions.

All through history our real God was interacting with real everyday people. I'd venture to guess that most of them didn't have scholarly backgrounds. We believe that for generations real people have been interacting with a real God despite changes in history, culture, and language. We believe that our God is the same God - the God of Adam, Eve, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, David, Abigail, Peter, Mary, Paul and Lydia. I would also suggest that despite the inevitable changes of time, there are things about people that don't change. The stories of scriptures keep teaching us generation after generation.

Here's an interesting word study - the word "everyone" . Bible Gateway gives us 214 references in the NIV. We're asking, "Where were the children?" There may be some clues about children here.

1 comment: