Saturday, February 09, 2008

...original...

Found this on a blog I read this morning (My Emerging Faith @ blogspot) :

“Never make a principle out of your experience. Allow God to be as original with other people as He is with you.” - Oswald Chambers

Don't you love it? Pretty radical [smile]. I just might make it a banner on my desktop!

You could argue that creating principles is Biblical (Pharisaical?) or you could argue that if we don't create principles from everything it gives God more room to move.

...food for thought...

...I wonder what the scriptures say...

1 comment:

  1. I love ol' Oswald! (If anyone doesn't have the book this is one of several places to find it online.

    I have a strong tendency towards making principles. I also have a strong tendency to project my issues and God's work in my life onto other people. It's a wonder Christine puts up with me sometimes!

    One of the things that God seems to be challenging me with repeatedly over the past months is to trust him to work other people's lives. This is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete