Thursday, August 06, 2009

more food!

You'll read the last post and think I planned this. I didn't. Saw these in my inbox from amazon this am. I've not read the books. But I was impressed by the growing variety of tools for CM out there.

The fact that there's a book of science devotions was what originally caught my eye.

Then I saw all these books using food, cooking, and tasting. You know how we talk about concrete learning and 6 senses with kids? Ok, five senses. (Maybe we are teaching with six senses but, ah, another blog post.)

Again, I haven't read them but check these out: 1, 2, 3, 4, and there are more on some of these pages.

Enjoy!

And remember when you're making something as a lesson or craft activity you can always make extra so you have something for kids to deliver to someone else. Not sure how copyright works with this but it might be fun to give the kids opportunity to take the recipe home if they want to share the food and the story with a family member or a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment