Saturday, August 14, 2010

This is an article by Jay Gamelin, campus pastor of Jacob's Porch, an ELCA ministry at Ohio State University. It appeared in Lutheran Partner's Magazine March/April 2010:

"The Emerging Church: Reclaiming the Awe and Wonder of Faith". He shares his thoughts.

I think it's interesting to be a culture that is on the one hand engulfed in technology and on the other hungry to explore the mysteries of God, the traditions of His people, living community and in a sense be ok with the unanswered, the unexplained, the unexplored and let God be the Living God that He is.

... "Reclaiming the Awe and Wonder of Faith" ...that's what caught my eye. Don't you love it?

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

(Lamentations 3:22-24 NIV)

Awesome & Wonderful is the Lord God of Hosts: Father, Son & Holy Spirit, Creator of all that was, is, and will be - seen & unseen!

No comments:

Post a Comment