Monday, July 04, 2005

"...for this was Your good pleasure..."

We did a House Blend gathering outside at Artisan last night. A little hard to hear, but it was a good time. It made me think about Jesus teaching outside all the time (men, women and children gathered around) Apparently everyone could hear him. I don't usually think of Him as being loud. Guess I should change my thinking!

I think I counted about 11 Artisan kids and young visitors last night and some were out of town on holiday. While these little people were claiming imaginary kingdoms on top of tree stumps we pondered the kingdom of God and Matthew 11: 25-30 and 11:16-19 in particular. What I found most interesting (I'm still pondering the passages) were the images of children and a father and son and this:

"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure." (vs.25-26)

You have to be with someone to show them things, however simple or complex. I'm thinking that we probably need to have these little people around us more to really tap into these words and to truly discover and enjoy this thing that gives God so much pleasure...

(c) 2005 Margie Hillenbrand

No comments:

Post a Comment