Thursday, October 13, 2005

wisdom (postscript)

My point in sharing a couple of Ms. Paterson's thoughts about wisdom is this: how often do we contemplate what it means to teach or impart wisdom to children? What part does it play in child-training, Christian education, or Christian formation? Or do we take it for granted that we're teaching a child wisdom when we train and educate? Are we?

How does someone learn wisdom? Is it one of your goals? Is it something you consciously pursue?

I propose that the scriptures may have more to say about pursuing wisdom than about teaching/training/instruction. Flipping through my Young's Analytical Concordance, at first glance, I see about 2 columns (together) devoted to "teach,""train,"or "instruct." When I look at "wisdom" I see 4. Add Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.

. . . in case you've run out of things to think about :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment