Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Reggio Emilia?

Curious creature that I am, I asked Scott if he could translate "Reggio Emilia-inspired teaching background," (instead of looking it up myself) thinking it something tied to post-modern flavored Spiritual Formation (sorry, Scott).

The good news is that, if anyone else is curious, Scott discovered this info on wikipedia. Apparently Reggio Emilia-inspired teaching is an Italian approach to pre-school education.

If Daniel comes back, I'd love to hear more! Seems like an approach that could have interesting potential in a post-modern setting. But an approach very unlike what we're used to. [smile]

For the record, the article that Cindy Thomson mentioned after Barbaric Distractions is worth reading if you haven't seen it.

Haven't forgotten Children's Sprirituality. I just get easily distracted. (Sorry, it seems that the font's not working right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment