Thursday, February 19, 2009

virtual community

Brother Maynard, at Subversive Influence, is drawing attention to a rather fascinating and important discussion about virtual community . If you follow the links you'll find a number of different voices (and books) to hear/read/ponder on the topic. (So far) there are no comments at Subversive but many comments on the blogs that he's linked.

They may still agree to disagree when it's all said and done but I am beyond impressed that rather than witnessing the igniting of a bombshell of dissension, you are witnessing an amiable conversation among friends. I'd like to imagine how pleased God the Father must be seeing us willing to try to hear one another when we disagree . . . I'd like to think that something like this might actually be some tiny answer to the prayer Jesus prayed 2000 years ago . . . "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me." (John 17:20-21 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment