Saturday, July 29, 2006

Puppy break!

Puppy update to break the intensity a little and some "miracles" to share, LOL! My son and I had Ellie and Nyah out to walk around 9 or 10 the other night. I usually take each of them alone. There was an event in the park. A couple nights before, when I took them each alone to walk by an event in the park they were so nervous I was really worried that 10 months of classes was serious overkill which couldn't possibly be, could it?

They weren't nervous. Yay! A couple went by with their dog on the other side of the street. Ellie and Nyah just looked and kept walking with us. Again, yay!

We had them each on a triple crown collar. When I take them alone, they don't usually pull. Together is another story. Nyah was good. Ellie was pulling. I could use the coupler but we discovered early on that for the occassional moment when they both see and want the same thing at the same time, Mom magically becomes a serious Yukon dog sled quicker than I can pull a correction and once is enough, thanks.

My son gave Ellie a quick short jerk to correct her [no response]. Second time, the plastic collar broke and given that one of Ellie's biggest thrills ever is to run, she looked back over her shoulder with this gleam in her eye as she trotted down the sidewalk and I panicked.! At the park with the pond, after an hour of running through the water, Ellie is the one who refuses to come, "Ah Mom, do we have to leave already?"

My son slowly patiently walks toward Ellie with the leash and some hotdog. Nyah and I wait. Nyah's upset and wants to round her sister up, (probably nail her) and bring her back but Nyah's still on leash. Halfway down the street Ellie turns to face us and lies down. Odd but maybe she's waiting for Nyah to come play with her. Tory gets close to her but instead of taking off away from us she runs past him back to me like we do at class and then she SITS in front of me. And she STAYS! That, my friend, is a miracle! You have no idea how wonderfully amazing that was! YAY!! (Yay for Lollypop classes, too!)

I was so grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment