Friday, April 04, 2008

musing on the work of Your hands

from Psalm 143 (NAS)
A Psalm of David


5
I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your doings;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6 I stretch out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You, as a parched land.
Selah.. .

8 Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
I take refuge in You.
10 Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11 For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.

Psalm 119:98 (NAS)

"Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies,
For they are ever mine."

I like the phrase, "ever mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment