Saturday, December 31, 2005

Puppies on vacation pt 1

Trying to decide whether to do separate blogs about writing and puppies. But I suppose doing it here gives you a break from all those long heavy blogs. :)

All the kids are home, my puppies are thrilled. And my kids were thrilled with them...in the beginning.

The last couple of nights I've heard puppies whining at 2 am. Now, these puppies have been sleeping all night since we brought them home in August unless they're sick or have to go out which is rare. They've been good every other time the kids were home. But the thing about college students is that they're nocturnal.

So it's 2 am and I hear the puppies whining. Like a good parent I decide to let them whine. When they don't stop, I finally get up and let them out. They sniff around, "Oh! _____ went out with ________ around 10. They got home around 12. ____ went to Walmarts at 5 in the afternoon. It's a dog thing. I bring them back in to bed. They whine some more, I let them whine...sound familiar?

So after I go through this a couple times, and give in again so they won't wake George up, I check to see if everyone's home. Someone says, "Mom, I let them whine for a while but I them out twice before you got up. Sorry they woke you up."

So a couple hours later, everything's quiet and I go back to sleep but I have my own internal alarm clock that wakes me up around 6:15. So the puppies are sound asleep. I could be sleeping. They get up around 8 and they mull around bored. They keep going to the door on the stairs like little kids with young sleeping aunts and uncles. They want someone to play with them. Mom doesn't cut it! They whine. They mull around bored. George gets up. They're happy for a while. They start mulling around. Then they both freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment