Thursday, August 28, 2008

In-Class Adventure 4

The focus of that last post isn't the creation of literary masterpieces, by the way, or the Psalms as Literature with all it's literary forms. But if kids want someone else to read and hear what they're saying, they might care more about handwriting, spelling, grammer, punctuation, and organization - emphasis on "might". But I wasn't going to get into all that.

Between me & God, making a psalm "mine" or creating one
- helps bring me closer to the story of David and
- helps bring his story closer to me (I get a little taste of interacting with God the way David did)
- it's another way I can draw near to God the way David did
- it's a way to meditate on His word the way David did
- crafting scripture or a psalm into song is yet another way to meditate on His word the way David did

No comments:

Post a Comment